I’ve always had a love/hate relationship when I think about blogging. I think blogging is a great way for me to communicate to our customers on what is happening internally within E-Web, and to share the learning experiences that we go through along the way. At the same time, I’ve always had some concerns over whether blogging is really for me, including:
- Will my blog post be interesting and unique enough for people to want to read it? Will I just be wasting my time?
- If my blog post shows a few grammatical errors, will reflect badly on the quality of work people can expect from E-Web? Being a CEO is like being the face of the company, and with English being my second language, I feel pressure and stress about making every blog post flawless in grammar.
- Will I have the time to post on a regular basis?
This week, reading the book Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business by David Siteman Garland, I became inspired to just do it.
There are many interesting challenges that E-Web Marketing comes across on a day to day basis. I feel there is a lot of information that can benefit other business owners, employees, aspiring entrepreneurs, our clients and partners. Whilst I am not exactly sure how people will take to this blog, I won’t know until I try.
Since English is not my strongest suit, I was initially thinking to have someone internally review my post, but heck, if blogging is about being personal and human, then this is as up close and personal as you will get, to be able to see the real me. Maybe I will even throw a few extra grammatical errors in just to make this blog unique and stand out.
Lastly, when it comes to time, I coach many of my clients that you should be able to squeeze an hour each week to invest into adding content, so is now time for me lead by example by tackling the blogging hurdles head on.
Did you go through similar thought processes that have put you off in starting a blog?
- 10 Point Web Designer Checklist To Boost Sales and Drive Conversions Like a Pro - October 1, 2021
- Is your website healthy enough to attract big spenders as lockdowns ease? - September 29, 2021
- 7 Simple Principles of Website Design That Impact User Experience - August 3, 2021